From McQueen to Manolo’s, Gucci to Galliano, there’s no doubt that fashion – in all its guises – forms part of all of our lives. Whether its discount, high street outfits or haute couture on the coveted runway, it’s worth seeing how much you, and your contestants, know about the stuff we put on our bodies every day. So, without much further ado, it’s time to kick off our ultimate fashion quiz!
Gather round your style setters, your snappy dressers and just anyone who’d love some sartorial trivia. Whether its friends, family or your colleagues, and whether you’re hosting a Zac Posen-themed Zoom call or a real-life Ralph Lauren-inspired night, anyone can take part in this trendy take on a fantastic fashion quiz.
Fashion Quiz from the Big Screen
It’s worth diving right into this fashion quiz with a slightly easy round, particularly for those film buffs out there. In this easy round of fashion trivia, we start with the silver screen and the movies that have featured fashion as a key theme. Just use the clues to guess the name of the famous film in question.
1. Released in 1957, starring Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire and featuring songs by the Gershwin brothers.
2. Released in 1994, directed by Robert Altman, featuring an all-star cast and set during Paris fashion week.
3. Released in 2006, starring Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep and follows the action behind the scenes of a fashion magazine.
4. A television movie from 1998, starring a then lesser known Angelina Jolie as the titular character.
5. A documentary from 1995 following designer Isaac Mizrahi.
6. A cult comedy from 2001 featuring Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson who are rival models.
7. A 2017 film directed by Paul Thomas Anderson with Daniel Day Lewis in the leading role.
8. 2016 film release based on popular 1990s British Sitcom. Both featuring Joanna Lumley and Jennifer Saunders.
9. 2004 film with Kate Hudson as a young executive in the fashion world who becomes guardian to her late sister’s children
10. 2018 documentary tracking the life and career of designer Alexander McQueen.
More film trivia needed? Check out our 2000s movie trivia quiz questions and answers
Fashion Quiz from the Big Screen Answers
- Funny Face
- The Devil wears Prada
- Phantom Thread
- Absolutely Fabulous The Movie
- Raising Helen
Did you know? A love of fashion endured throughout Hepburn’s career and life, so much so that it was she that presented Ralph Lauren with the first ever C.F.D.A. Lifetime Achievement Award in 1992.
Vintage Fashion Quiz Questions and Answers
How much do you, and your participants, know about the different fashion periods throughout the years? In this, our second round of the night, we go retro, checking out the vintage trends throughout the ages.
1. Which decade saw the Flapper style become famous?
2. Which century first saw the Empire dress line, with its low-cut dress with a high waist line and short bodice?
3. Which North London Market is famous for vintage fashion?
4. In which decade was the bikini first patented?
5. Bell bottom jeans became popular in which decade?
6. Which female British designer popularised the mini skirt in the 1960s?
7. In what decade did Yves Saint Laurent debut le smoking?
8. Diane von Fürstenberg created which style of dress, perfect for every body type, in the 1970s?
9. What form of resist dyeing became popular in the 1960s?
10. Which decade saw shoulder pads become popular in women’s’ fashion, inspired by TV shows such as Dynasty and Dallas?
Recommended Reading: History trivia questions and answers
Vintage Fashion Quiz Answers
- 17th century
- Mary Quant
- The wrap
Brands and Designers Quiz Questions
If it’s not Calvin Klein or Coco Chanel, who are the most famous designers of all time? And what are some of the brands that have truly made it on (and off) catwalks across the world? Let’s dedicate ten fashion quiz questions to some of the globe’s most cut-through designers and some of the most celebrated labels.
1. Roca wear was founded by which rap star?
2. What does Cord magazine rate as the most valuable brand in fashion? It estimates the value as being 28.1 billion USD!
3. Which British brand is famous for a distinct tartan motif?
4. Which animal appears on the logo for Coach?
5. Which brand makes the iconic Bayswater bag?
6. Which French eponymous label has a crocodile as its main logo
7. Shoe designer Manolo Blahnik was born in which country?
8. Philip Tracey is known for designing which items of clothing?
9. L.A.M.B. is whose label?
10. The Hermes brand is most famous for?
Read next: Full arts and literature quiz
Brands and Designers Quiz Answers
- Louis Vuitton
- Horse (and stage coach)
- Gwen Stefani
Men in Fashion Quiz Questions and Answers
While women’s fashion usually dominates the headlines and the runways of the world, there’s no doubt that many men have made their mark on the international fashion scene. In this round, we look at some of the male designers and models at the top of their game.
1. Which male model became the spokesman for I can’t believe it’s not butter in 1994?
2. Which fashion designer went on to direct films such as A Single Man?
3. Which former Calvin Klein model made his acting debut in Marie Antoinette?
4. Which British designer earned the titles “L’Enfant Terrible” and “The hooligan of English fashion” with his collections such as “Highland Rape”?
5. Which male supermodel, born in Billericay was discovered when he won a TV competition in 2001 when a friend entered him?
6. Marky Mark Wahlberg also modelled which brand of underwear in the 1990s?
7. Which American designer started his career selling ties outside the Empire State Building and also was born with the surname Lifshitz?
8. Which Welsh designer became creative director of Givenchy in 2001?
9. Which designer created the Italian kit and officials’ outfits for the 2012 Olympics?
10. Which male model was VH1’s man of the year?
Read next: Entertainment quiz questions and answers
Men in Fashion Answers
- Tom Ford
- Jamie Dornan
- Alexander McQueen
- David Gandy
- Calvin Klein
- Ralph Lauren
- Julien McDonald
- Giorgio Armani
- Tyson Beckford
Fashion and TV Quiz Questions
Even if you’re bingeing Netflix in your pyjamas or trawling through Amazon Prime in a tracksuit, you can probably still appreciate fashion on the small screen. So, let’s celebrate getting halfway through this fashionista’s quiz by delving into the exciting world of fashion on TV.
1. Who was the original male presenter of BBC programme The Clothes Show?
2. Which streaming site is the home of Emily in Paris, featuring Lily Collins?
3. Which E program featured the late Joan Collins and other Fashionistas rating celebrity fashion?
4. Which 1980s power soap featuring Joan Collins and John Forsythe is seen as the epitome of 1980s fashion and design?
5. How many experts appear to help the straight guy in Queer Eye?
6. Heidi Klum was the original host of which reality show starting in 2004?
7. Next in Fashion features Tan France and which British personality as hosts?
8. Britt Robertson was the lead role in which 2017 Netflix show?
9. Which underwear firm televised an annual catwalk show featuring its own Angels?
10. Which British spin off from an American Show discovered British model (and future wife of Peter Crouch) Abbey Clancy?
We think you’d like: Friends TV Quiz
Fashion and TV Quiz Answers
- Jeff Banks
- Fashion Police
- Project Runway
- Alexa Chung
- Victoria’s Secret
- Britain’s Next Top Model (spin off from America’s Next Top Model). She finished runner up in its second season.
Fun Fact: Abbey Clancy returned to become the host of a rebooted version of the show in 2015, 9 years after first competing.
Sport and Fashion Quiz Questions and Answers
While more traditional fashion is more tailoring than it is traipsing around a tennis court, modern day fashion is often linked to sport. Athleisure has become its own hotly-contested category and even sports shoes and sneakers can set you back a month’s wages for a limited edition model.
Think your quizzers know a bit about sport and fashion? Let’s combine them in this (slightly trickier) round of sport-themed fashion quiz questions.
1. Which label designed the US Uniform for the 2016 Olympic opening ceremony?
2. Which designer and daughter of a Beatle launched a collaboration with Adidas in 2004?
3. Which supermodel is married to Tom Brady?
4. The 1994 Olympics saw Nancy Kerrigan compete in an outfit designed by who?
5. Which designer designed Norwich City’s strips between 1997 and 1999?
6. Which designer is married to David Beckham?
7. Kate Upton married which Major League Baseball Pitcher in 2017?
8. Which David Bowie song fittingly played as Kate Moss and others took to the catwalk at the 2012 Olympic closing ceremony?
9. What is the Kanye West and Adidas collaboration called?
10. Which Tennis icon has the label Serena?
More keen on sporting fare? Try our easy sports quiz questions
Sport and Fashion Quiz Answers
- Ralph Lauren
- Stella McCartney
- Giselle Bundchen
- Vera Wang
- Bruce Oldfield
- Victoria Beckham
- Justin Verlander
- Serena Williams
Fun Fashion Quiz Questions
Has this quiz been Missoni Impossible so far? (yes, sorry for the pun). It’s time to lighten it up and toss in a round of easy fashion questions, that even the clothing-challenged might be able to complete! Here are ten fun, simple quiz questions about fashion.
1. Which underwear brand became infamous for causing traffic accidents with their Hello Boys billboards?
2. Which country has lederhosen as part of its national dress?
3. Which music band’s fan wore tartan turn ups?
4. Which Sex and the City character said: “I like my money right where I can see it, hanging in my closet.”
5. Whose designer platform shoes were Naomi Campbell wearing when she fell on the catwalk in 1993?
6. Who is editor-in-chief of American Vogue?
7. What nationality is Giselle Bundchen?
8. Which city is the fashion capital of Italy?
9. Who created America’s Next Top Model?
10. In the UK, it’s called a bum bag, what is it called in the USA?
Find more fun in our fun quiz questions and answers
Fun Fashion Quiz Answers
- Bay City Rollers
- Carrie Bradshaw
- Vivienne Westwood
- Anna Wintour
- Tyra Banks
- Fanny pack
Designer Quiz Questions and Answers
We couldn’t get enough of our designer trivia fodder in an earlier round so thought we’d repeat the favour; yup – we’ve dreamed up another ten questions about renowned designers, and some of the iconic pieces they’ve crafted over their careers.
1. Which designer label was responsible for “that dress” worn by Liz Hurley at the 1994 Four weddings and a funeral premiere?
2. Which designer is missing from the catchphrase of Eddie and Patsy in Absolutely Fabulous? “It’s _______ sweetie”
3. Who designed Princess Diana’s wedding dress?
4. Who designed the Team GB Olympic kit in 2012 and 2016?
5. Which designer has the origins of the “Little Black Dress” ascribed to her designs in the 1920s?
6. Name who designed Carrie’s wedding dress in Sex and the City?
7. The 1994 Olympics saw Nancy Kerrigan compete in an outfit designed by who?
8. Which designer is famous for iconic red soles on his signature stiletto designs?
9. Which designer’s main label is DKNY?
10. Which German designer was famous for his signature white blonde ponytail and black sunglasses?
We think you’d like: Music trivia questions
Designer Quiz Answers
- David and Elizabeth Emmanuel
- Stella McCartney
- Coco Chanel
- Vivienne Westwood
- Vera Wang
- Christian Louboutin
- Donna Karan (the NY is for New York)
- Karl Lagerfeld
High Street Fashion Quiz Questions and Answers
Fashion isn’t always about frou-frou, fizzy champagne and frilly skirts on the catwalk. Fashion can also be accessible to everyone, as evidenced by the many discounters and department stores found on high streets across the globe. Can your contestants tell their Ted Baker from their Boden? Find out in this penultimate round of our fashion quiz, solely focused on high street fashion trivia.
1. High Street store H&M began in which European country?
2. Former British High Street stalwart BHS became defunct in 2016. What did BHS stand for?
3. Which former British tennis star launched a fashion line in 1952?
4. According to YouGov what is the most popular fashion brand in the UK?
5. in 2007 Kate Moss designed a line for which High Street store?
6. Which British store has in-house labels such as Autograph and Blue Harbour?
7. Which denim brand was founded by a German immigrant in San Francisco?
8. What is the largest shopping centre in the UK?
9. Irish store Penney’s is known as what in the UK?
10. Which British brand opened its first store in Covent Garden in 2004? The brand based its designs on classic Americana with Japanese graphics.
One of our favourite quizzes: Board games quiz questions
High Street Fashion Quiz Answers
- British Home Stores
- Fred perry
- Marks and Spencer
- Levi Strauss
- The Metro centre in Gateshead
Interesting Fact: It was widely reported that the Topshop collaboration was Kate Moss’ idea and she approached Topshop owner Phillip Green by saying ‘I’m a girl from Croydon, you’re a boy from Croydon. Why don’t we do something?’
A Mixed Bag of Trivia
It’s the final round and, to keep it interesting, we thought we’d put forward a patchwork of questions; a ‘mixed bag’ of marvelous fashion quiz questions covering everything from trainers to tie knots.
1. What does website ASOS stand for?
2. Who was subject to the documentary Maddman?
3. Who is creative director of Moschino?
4. Which 1983 film featuring Jennifer Beals popularised legwarmers?
5. How many pockets does a pair of jeans traditionally have?
6. Which 1990 George Michael music video featured Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Tatjana Patitz, Christy Turlington, and Cindy Crawford and was directed by David Fincher?
7. Which literary and Disney villain is obsessed by the idea of a dalmatian skinned fur coat?
8. What store and clothing label was founded by Liam Gallagher?
9. What shape is a Windsor tie knot?
10. Which trainer and sportswear company (now owned by Adidas) was founded in Bolton in 1895?
Need more quiz content? 100 easy general knowledge quiz questions and answers
A Mixed Bag of Trivia Answers
- As seen on screen
- Steve Madden
- Jeremy Scott
- Freedom 90
- Cruella de Vil
- Pretty Green
Fun Fact: The title Pretty Green is thought to be inspired by a song title by The Jam.
So, how did you and your fellow fashionistas fare? Anyone hanging up their quizzing Louboutins? Let us know how you did in the comments below or, if you have any suggestions or new quiz questions for us, please do drop us a line!
Want to save this for later? Why not pin it…
What are some fashion questions? ›
- Are you a fashionable person?
- What is fashion?
- Who is fashionable that you know?
- Do you read fashion magazines?
- Which season is it the easiest to be fashionable?
- Can you be fashionable without spending money?
- Who is the most fashionable in your family?
- What is a group of crows called? ...
- Compared to their body weight, what animal is the strongest - Dung Beetle, Elephant, Ant, Cow? ...
- How many dots appear on a pair of dice? ...
- Which is the only body part that is fully grown from birth? ...
- What is acrophobia a fear of? ...
- In what country was Elon Musk born?
- Who did you look up to as a child?
- What is your favourite hobby?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Do you have any hidden talents?
- Elegant Chic.
- What's the weirdest dream you've ever had?
- If you could travel to any year in a time machine, what year would you choose and why?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- What's one of the most fun childhood memories you have?
- Have You Ever Dine And Dashed At A Restaurant? ...
- Would You Rather Have Endless Money Or Endless Love? ...
- Have You Ever Been In A Car Crash — And It Was Your Fault? ...
- If You Could Star In A Movie, What Movie Would It Be? ...
- What Is Your Most Frequently Used Emoji? ...
- What Was The Last Thing You Stole Or Shoplifted?
The premise of the game is simple: One person, called the “answerer,” thinks of an object. The other player — the “questioner” — asks up to 20 yes-or-no questions in order to determine what object the answerer is thinking about. If the questioner guesses correctly within 20 questions, they win.Is there a free online trivia game? ›
True Trivia Overview
Built by trivia lovers for trivia lovers, this free online trivia game will test your ability to separate fact from fiction. Instantly play online for free, no downloading needed!
- PsyCat Games.
- BuzzFeed Quizzes.
- Fun Personality Quizzes.
- Beyonce Know Alls.
- Thin Quizzie.
- I Got 99 Problems And This Trivia Is One.
- Quiztina Aguilera.
- Quiztina Millian.
- Les Quizerables.
- A Minor Problem.
- Never Gonna Quiz You Up.
What are 50 fun facts? ›
- You typically only breathe out of one nostril at a time. ...
- "Vegetables" don't really exist. ...
- More people drown in fresh water than in salt water. ...
- Your brain uses up around 20 percent of your body's blood and oxygen. ...
- Ravens' moods are affected by others.
- "OMG" usage can be traced back to 1917. ...
- The majority of your brain is fat. ...
- Stop signs used to be yellow. ...
- Most wasabi we eat in the U.S. isn't really wasabi. ...
- Green Eggs and Ham started as a bet. ...
- Too much water can kill you. ...
- You might be drinking water that is older than the solar system.
- What do you think the meaning of life is?
- If money were no object, what would you do?
- If you found out you were going to die tomorrow, what would you do today?
- What is the most unexpected piece of advice you ever received?
Casual wear – worn as standard clothing. Formal wear – worn for events such as weddings. Lingerie – undergarments worn for support and / or decoration. Sportswear – worn for athletic activities like running.What are the 3 types of fashion? ›
- Haute Couture.
- Luxury Fashion.
- Ready-to-wear Fashion.
- Economy Fashion.
- Fast Fashion.
Charles Frederick Worth is believed to be the first fashion designer of the world, from 1826 to 1895. Charles, who was earlier a draper, set up a fashion house in Paris. It was he who started the tradition of fashion houses and telling his customers what kind of clothing would suit them.Who started fashion first? ›
An Englishman living in Paris, Charles Frederick Worth (1825 - 1905) is regarded as the first designer in the modern sense of the term, with a large business employing many largely anonymous tailors and seamstresses.What are the famous 36 questions? ›
- Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
- Would you like to be famous? ...
- Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? ...
- What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?
- When did you last sing to yourself?
- How many people have you kissed?
- Do you ever think about me?
- What have you done sexually with someone else?
- What attracts you to people?
- What are your thoughts on sex?
- Are you a virgin?
- Do you think you're a good kisser?
- What turns you on?
- What's my all-time favorite movie?
- What's my middle name?
- What's my favorite food?
- What's my favorite color?
- When is my birthday?
- Where did I grow up?
- What's my zodiac sign?
- Who's my celebrity crush?
What is the 80% of 50 questions? ›
Answer: 80% of 50 is 40.What is the 70% of 150 questions? ›
Answer and Explanation: Considering that all 150 questions carry equal marks, we will need to follow the same logic as we followed in the example above. Let's say you could answer x of them correctly, so to get 70% you can write it as follows... So, you need to get at least 105 of them correctly answered to get 70% .What are games like 21 questions? ›
Table of Contents
- #15 The superlative game.
- #16 I spy.
- #17 Twenty-one questions.
- #18 Just a minute.
- #19 One line at a time.
- #20 Something in common.
Twenty-five is a nonpartnership game played with a standard 52-card deck, usually by four to six players. After anteing one chip, each player receives five cards in batches of three-two or four-one, and the next card is turned up to establish the trump suit.What is 20 questions vs 21 questions? ›
The 21 questions game differs from the classic 20 questions game, which focuses on asking questions to guess an object. In contrast, the 20 questions game is about asking questions to know each other better.What is the ABCD game? ›
Rules. Two Players perform a scene in which each line begins with the next sequential letter of the alphabet. After reaching the end, the Players then continue the scene, now going backwards through the alphabet. Offer the team ten points if they can get through the game without any mistakes.Am I smarter than 5th grader? ›
Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader? is an American quiz game show. It originally aired on Fox where it was hosted by Jeff Foxworthy. It is produced by Mark Burnett. The show premiered as a three-day special which began on February 27, 2007, with the first two shows each a half-hour in length.What are good trivia questions for adults? ›
- How many chromosomes are in a cell? ...
- Who wrote "The Star-Spangled Banner"? ...
- Which blood type is a universal donor? ...
- Who was the highest-paid athlete in 2022? ...
- What is August's birthstone? ...
- What movie is "You had me at hello" from?
- 1) TriviaNerd. ...
- 2) 16 Personalities. ...
- 3) Wizarding World. ...
- 4) Harrower-Erickson Multiple Choice Rorschach Test (Ink Blot Test) by Open-Source Psychometrics Project.
Answer the easiest questions first.
Go ahead and get the easy questions out of the way. Don't get bogged down on a question that you can't figure out since you might lose valuable test time that way. After you finish the easy stuff, come back to the harder questions and work on those.
How can I get Quizizz answers? ›
Go into your library and select the quiz you want to see. On the Quiz Details page, press the show answers button to see answers. Options with a green dot imply the correct answer.What are good quiz ideas? ›
- Translate The Lyrics. SOPA ImagesGetty Images. ...
- Old Wives Tales. ...
- Riddle Me This. ...
- Name The Landmark. ...
- Guess The Date Of The Pic Of Your Mate. ...
- The Emoji Round.
- Bump Up Your Pub's Atmosphere. ...
- Build the Hype With Marketing. ...
- Offer Unique Prizes. ...
- Incorporate Popular Subjects or Topics. ...
- Keep Refreshing the Questions.
- Pick a One Word Name. ...
- Go Wild With Humor. ...
- Make the Name Match. ...
- Reverse the First and Last Name. ...
- Repeat. ...
- Use Your Name. ...
- Use an Anagram Generator. ...
- Add a Prefix or Suffix.
100 is a perfect square number and its square root is 10. 100 is the basis of percentages ("per cent" meaning "per hundred" in Latin), with 100 percent being a full amount. There are 100 pennies in one dollar.What are 5 amazing facts? ›
- A teaspoonful of neutron star. ...
- Metals that explode when in contact with water. ...
- Hawaii is moving closer to Alaska by 7.5cm every year. ...
- Sunflowers are known as hyperaccumulators. ...
- A cockroach can live for up to one week without its head.
The number seven is a prime number. If you're not in the loop, a prime number is a number that can only be divided by itself and the number one. Seven is the fourth prime number, but it's also a Mersenne prime. A Mersenne prime is more than a standard prime number, as it's equated to be 2^n – 1.Did you know scary facts? ›
- There is an ancient book full of strange symbols no one can translate. ...
- In 1872 a ship was discovered floating in the ocean with no signs of its crew or passengers! ...
- The Tower of London is haunted by lots of ghosts. ...
- A dead Pope was once put on trial.
- There's a company that turns dead bodies into an ocean reef. ...
- The name "bonobo" resulted from a misspelling. ...
- There is an annual Coffee Break Festival. ...
- You can buy a flying bicycle. ...
- Dolphins sleep with one eye open. ...
- Vacuum cleaners were originally horse-drawn.
Tuesday is named after Tiw, the Norse god of single combat, victory and glory, and Tiw is associated with Mars, the Roman god of war, hence the day being known as 'Mardi' in French, 'Martes' in Spanish and 'Martedi' in Italian. Tuesday is considered to be an unlucky day in the Greek and Spanish-speaking worlds.
What are unknown questions? ›
But in many situations, we simply run into questions where no answer exists. These are what we call unanswerable questions, and there are tons of them. We've all heard questions like, “What happens when an immovable object meets an unstoppable force?” or “Which came first, the chicken or the egg?What is the most unknown question? ›
- What is the universe made of? ...
- How did life begin? ...
- Are we alone in the universe? ...
- What makes us human? ...
- What is consciousness? ...
- Why do we dream? ...
- Why is there stuff? ...
- Are there other universes?
- If you could have three wishes, what would they be?
- Who was your favorite cartoon character when you were a kid?
- What does spirituality mean to you?
- Do you believe in giving people second chances, and why?
- How would you describe your first crush?
- What are your favorite hobbies?
- 1) What is your favorite style to wear? ...
- 2) Who is your fashion role model? ...
- 3) What do you always have on?
- 4) What are your favorite jeans? ...
- 5) What are your favorite sunglasses?
- 6) What are your fave shoes? ...
- 7) Who influenced you to write about fashion? ...
- 8) What is your fave store?
Supply chain bottlenecks
Combined, these issues push up the cost of manufacturing and distribution, impacting the profitability of many apparel brands. According to McKinsey, 15% of industry leaders fear margins & profitability will pose one of the greatest threats to the fashion industry in 2023.
- Fashion Forecast (Colour & Fabric) Deciding the colour, fabric and look for the upcoming season is something that every designer works on. ...
- Movies & Music. The entertainment world is a major influencer of fashion. ...
- Fashion Stylist. ...
- Economy of a Country.
fashion is the most general term and applies to any way of dressing, behaving, writing, or performing that is favored at any one time or place. the current fashion. style often implies a distinctive fashion adopted by people of taste.What is fashion easy answer? ›
A fashion is a style of clothing or a way of behaving that is popular at a particular time.Why do we wear clothes question? ›
We wear clothes to protect ourselves against the weather such as strong sunlight, extreme cold, heat or rain.What are some fashion mistakes? ›
- Not listening to your intuition. ...
- Wearing the wrong colors. ...
- Not knowing your fashion style. ...
- Ignoring sustainable fashion. ...
- Buying too many clothes. ...
- Wearing the wrong outfit for the occasion. ...
- Wearing attention-grabbing clothes. ...
- Choosing quantity over quality.
What are 2 negative impacts of the fashion industry? ›
While the fashion sector is booming, increasing attention has been brought to the impressive range of negative environmental impacts that the industry is responsible for. Fashion production makes up 10% of humanity's carbon emissions, dries up water sources, and pollutes rivers and streams.What are the 4 levels of fashion? ›
The fashion industry consists of four levels: the production of raw materials, principally fibres and textiles but also leather and fur; the production of fashion goods by designers, manufacturers, contractors, and others; retail sales; and various forms of advertising and promotion.What are the basic of fashion? ›
The four basic ingredients or elements of design used in fashion are shape or silhouette, line, colour and texture. A silhouette can be described as the outline of the entire garment. This is the most obvious visual element of the garment.What 4 factors affect style? ›
There are certain factors that influence fashion, such as psychological factors, socio-cultural factors, economic factors, environmental factors, etc.What is the golden rule in fashion? ›
The golden rule of style comes from none other than Coco Chanel: before leaving the house, look in the mirror and remove one accessory. This ensures your outfit won't be overstyled.
Learn about the major writing styles: narrative, descriptive, persuasive, expository, and creative, and read examples of each.